[Opendnssec-user] Re: Migration from 1.3.8 to 1.4.01a

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Tue Jun 26 10:57:31 UTC 2012

On 26/06/12 11:42, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
> "Siôn Lloyd"  wrote in message news:4FE98B02.9090206 at nominet.org.uk...
>>
>> On 26/06/12 10:45, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
>>> In a separate server we run OpenDNSSEC with a configuration
>>> mirroring the configuration of our master DNS server for testing
>>> purposes. In this system we tried to upgrade from version 1.3.8 to
>>> 1.4.01a. When we try to start OpenDNSSEC, we see the message:
>>>
>>> ERROR: database version number incompatible with software; require
>>> 3, found 2. Please run the migration scripts
>>>
>>> I was not able to find the documentation about migration scripts.
>>> Could someone help me to point to the documentation? Where are these
>>> migration scripts and how am I supposed to run them?
>>>

>> Hi Fred.
>>
>> In the root directory of the tarball there should be a file called
>> "MIGRATION" which has the instructions for changing the database schema.
>>
>> For the 1.3 to 1.4 migration the instructions are under the section
>> "Migrating trunk". In short you need to run one of two scripts:
>>
>>      enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.mysql
>> or
>>      enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.sqlite3
>>
>> depending on your database choice.
>>
>> They are just sql statements so can be run in many ways, e.g.:
>>
>> sqlite3 [PATH_TO_DB] < enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.sqlite3
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Sion
>
> Thanks, Siôn, for your reply.
>
> I found the MIGRATION document, but there is no section 1.3 to 1.4.
> (There are only sections about the 1.1 to 1.2 and about 1.2 to 1.3
> migration.) So I read, as you said, the section about migrationg trunk.
> But, in the enforcer/utils directory, there are no migrate_adapters_1
> scripts. I see the following scripts:
>
> migrate_id_mysql.pl
> migrate_keyshare_mysql.pl
> migrate_keyshare_sqlite3.pl
> migrate_to_ng_mysql.pl
> migrate_to_ng_sqlite.pl
>
> I guess with database, you mean the kasp.db file and if I am correct
> this is a sqlite3 database file, not a mysql file, so three of the
> five scripts I do not need.
> Do I need both other scripts? In which order?

Ah, apologies... The required migration scripts were not included in the
"a1" tarball; they are in the "a2" which is what I was looking at.

There are only 3 lines of SQL required to convert a v1.3 database to
1.4; they are:

alter table zones add column in_type varchar(512) default "File";
alter table zones add column out_type varchar(512) default "File";
update dbadmin set version = 3;

The easiest thing might be to run:
"sqlite3 [PATH_TO_KASP.DB]"
then cut and paste the above into the terminal.

The scripts that you list above are for earlier versions, or preparation
for v2.0.

Sorry about that.

Sion