[Opendnssec-user] Re: Migration from 1.3.8 to 1.4.01a

Fred Zwarts (KVI) F.Zwarts at KVI.nl
Tue Jun 26 10:42:25 UTC 2012

"Siôn Lloyd"  wrote in message news:4FE98B02.9090206 at nominet.org.uk...

>On 26/06/12 10:45, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
>> In a separate server we run OpenDNSSEC with a configuration mirroring the
>> configuration of our master DNS server for testing purposes. In this
>> system we tried to upgrade from version 1.3.8 to 1.4.01a. When we try to
>> start OpenDNSSEC, we see the message:
>>
>> ERROR: database version number incompatible with software; require 3,
>> found 2. Please run the migration scripts
>>
>> I was not able to find the documentation about migration scripts. Could
>> someone help me to point to the documentation? Where are these migration
>> scripts and how am I supposed to run them?
>>

>Hi Fred.
>
>In the root directory of the tarball there should be a file called
>"MIGRATION" which has the instructions for changing the database schema.
>
>For the 1.3 to 1.4 migration the instructions are under the section
>"Migrating trunk". In short you need to run one of two scripts:
>
>      enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.mysql
>or
>      enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.sqlite3
>
>depending on your database choice.
>
>They are just sql statements so can be run in many ways, e.g.:
>
>sqlite3 [PATH_TO_DB] < enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.sqlite3
>
>Thank you.
>
>Sion

Thanks, Siôn, for your reply.

I found the MIGRATION document, but there is no section 1.3 to 1.4. (There
are only sections about the 1.1 to 1.2 and about 1.2 to 1.3 migration.) So I
read, as you said, the section about migrationg trunk.
But, in the enforcer/utils directory, there are no migrate_adapters_1
scripts. I see the following scripts:

migrate_id_mysql.pl
migrate_keyshare_mysql.pl
migrate_keyshare_sqlite3.pl
migrate_to_ng_mysql.pl
migrate_to_ng_sqlite.pl

I guess with database, you mean the kasp.db file and if I am correct this is
a sqlite3 database file, not a mysql file, so three of the five scripts I do
not need.
Do I need both other scripts? In which order?