[Opendnssec-user] Migration from 1.3.8 to 1.4.01a

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Tue Jun 26 10:12:18 UTC 2012

On 26/06/12 10:45, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
> In a separate server we run OpenDNSSEC with a configuration mirroring
> the configuration of our master DNS server for testing purposes. In
> this system we tried to upgrade from version 1.3.8 to 1.4.01a. When we
> try to start OpenDNSSEC, we see the message:
>
> ERROR: database version number incompatible with software; require 3,
> found 2. Please run the migration scripts
>
> I was not able to find the documentation about migration scripts.
> Could someone help me to point to the documentation? Where are these
> migration scripts and how am I supposed to run them?

Hi Fred.

In the root directory of the tarball there should be a file called
"MIGRATION" which has the instructions for changing the database schema.

For the 1.3 to 1.4 migration the instructions are under the section
"Migrating trunk". In short you need to run one of two scripts:

      enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.mysql
or
      enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.sqlite3

depending on your database choice.

They are just sql statements so can be run in many ways, e.g.:

sqlite3 [PATH_TO_DB] < enforcer/utils/migrate_adapters_1.sqlite3

Thank you.

Sion