[Opendnssec-user] Error converting from 1.4.14 to 2.1.8

Roman Serbski mefystofel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:26:07 UTC 2021

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 12:20 PM Havard Eidnes via Opendnssec-user
<opendnssec-user at lists.opendnssec.org> wrote:

> Hm,
>
> no answer/follow-up?
>
> Perhaps I need to ask shorter and not ramble...:
>
>   Does anyone successfully run OpenDNSSEC 2.x with SoftHSM 2.x
>   while using sqlite3 as the SoftHSM backend and with a
>   WorkerThreads setting in OpenDNSSEC larger than 1?

Hi Håvard,

We're one of them.  ~80 domains under FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE:

opendnssec2-2.1.7
softhsm2-2.6.1_2
sqlite3-3.34.1,1

WorkerThreads is set to 4 (which is a default value IINM).

Some years ago we migrated in two steps: 1) OpenDNSSEC 1.4.X to 2.1.X
keeping SoftHSM 1.3.X, and 2) SoftHSM 1.3.X to 2.6.X.

I don't recall any issues but perhaps 80 domains is a small value.

Regards,
Roman