[Opendnssec-user] 1.4 to 2.1 migration

Paul Wouters via Opendnssec-user opendnssec-user at lists.opendnssec.org
Tue Jan 7 04:45:30 UTC 2020

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020, pduffy at iedr.ie wrote:

> Are there any plans to support mysql backend in the future? Currently working on a migration plan from 1.4 ->
> 2.1 (RHEL6 -> RHEL8 as well), we’ve always used compiled versions of OpenDNSSEC given the lack of builtin
> support for MySQL backend in rpm’s (EPEL etc.)

I am assuming you mean for RHEL/CentOS?

If it is possible to support both at the same time then we can add
support. But if I remember correctly, opendnssec isn't friendly to
supporting more than one backend (and without linking to all the
backend required shared libraries)

I would have to talk to the IdM team at Red Hat to see if their needs
are better met with sqlite or mysql and see what they prefer the future
opendnssec to use. But it would require another type of migration
(sqlite to mysql), so I'm not jumping excitedly to support that either :)

Paul