[Opendnssec-user] 1.4 to 2.1 migration

Berry A.W. van Halderen via Opendnssec-user opendnssec-user at lists.opendnssec.org
Mon Jan 6 11:21:17 UTC 2020

On 1/6/20 12:15 PM, Paul Duffy via Opendnssec-user wrote:
> Are there any plans to support mysql backend in the future? Currently
> working on a migration plan from 1.4 -> 2.1 (RHEL6 -> RHEL8 as well),
> we’ve always used compiled versions of OpenDNSSEC given the lack of
> builtin support for MySQL backend in rpm’s (EPEL etc.)

The MySQL is in principle supported, but you might be referring to
the migration script for existing installations (that are already on
version 2.1) and want to migrate from SQLite to MySQL.  This script
isn;t there.
I have no concrete plans for it, more on less on a by request basis.
It shouldn't be too hard, easier than for the 1.4 I think.

Or am I missing the point?

With kind regards,
\Berry van Halderen