[Opendnssec-user] Migrating from ODS 1.4.10 to 2.1.3

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Feb 2 11:37:20 UTC 2018

> Have I another choice that to give up standby DS if I decide to move to
> ODS 2.1.3 ?

In ODS 2 you can give the rollover command at any time, even while
currently in a rollover. The enforcer will immediately roll to the new
key without needing to finish the current roll. As such the standby key
concept does not make too much sense.

The price for dropping this feature is that from the start of the
emergency rollover you have to wait an additional DS set TTL.

//Yuri