[Opendnssec-user] softhsm corruption

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Feb 20 19:25:16 UTC 2015

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Patrik Wallström wrote:

>> I'm not sure what caused this. The disk was not full and still has 1Gb
>> of free space.
>
> You didn’t have a backup?

I do, but sadly it does not contain all the current ZSKs. Not the end of
the world. I fixed the backup to also pull in /var/softhsm every night
now :P

> The files are sqlite3 database files. Searching the net on how to recover from a corrupt sqlite3 database gives you advice such as it might be corrupted indices, but the content might be restored in a new database using
>
> sqlite3 slot0.db ".dump” | sqlite3 newslot0.db

It looks like the slot0.db file on disk is 6kb while the backup I
restored was around 325kb. So I don't think there is anything left
to recover. I'll try and find the relevant log entries to see if
we might see why this happened.

Paul