[Opendnssec-user] Zone stuck, not updating

Roland van Rijswijk - Deij Roland.vanRijswijk at surfnet.nl
Mon Oct 27 07:17:51 UTC 2014

Hi Håvard,

Havard Eidnes wrote:
> I'm using DNS zone transfers in and out of OpenDNSSEC with OpenDNSSEC
> version 1.4.6.  It looks like one of the zones have become wedged, and
> OpenDNSSEC refuses to transfer a new copy, despite a new SOA being
> announced via DNS notify.  ods-signerd logs:
>
> <timestamp+host> ods-signerd: [query] ignore notify from a.b.c.d: zone xxx.yyy.no transfer in progress
>
> What makes it think it's currently transferring the zone, and is there
> something I can do to clear that state?  I've done a full restart of
> OpenDNSSEC via "ods-control stop" and "ods-control start", to no
> avail.

Did you check to make sure that the ods-signerd process had actually
exited after invoking "ods-control stop"? I've noticed in our setup that
if the signer is in a hanging state it may not always respond
appropriately to the "stop" command and I've had to manually kill the
process.

Best regards,

Roland

--