[Opendnssec-user] SoftHSM v2 status?

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Wed Jun 18 11:11:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Petr Spacek <pspacek at redhat.com> wrote:

> If I say that performance is not very interesting for me, how reliable is
> it? When it crashes, how likely is database corruption? (I don't expect
> exact number, just general feels - it don't happen or it destroys data
> daily.)

The only crash related issue currently is that handling of attributes when
using multiple threads.  If a thread changes an attribute while another
thread is using it.
https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/SOFTHSM-66

Other than that, the software is rather stable. Have not noticed any
database corruption, etc.

Is there anything particular I can help you with?

The major issues are:
* Increasing the performance: SOFTHSM-86
* Improving the attribute handling: SOFTHSM-66

Perhaps you can also help with some integration testing against some other
applications. We are mainly focusing on OpenDNSSEC when testing the
integration over PKCS#11.