[Opendnssec-user] SoftHSMv2: key extraction

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Fri Jun 20 16:20:44 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I'm investigating feasibility of migration from SoftHSM v1 to v2 in Fedora and
I have noticed that v2 doesn't support key extraction.

Unfortunately, it is absolutely crucial feature and we can't migrate to v2
until we find a way how to do key exports.

I understand that it is not desirable to enable this by default, it is
perfectly fine to provide key export in separate binary (i.e. not built-in
into softhsm2-util).

Could you point me to the right part of the code in SoftHSM so I can take a
look if it is feasible to do key extraction, please?

Thank you for your time!

--
Petr Spacek  @  Red Hat