[Opendnssec-user] SoftHSM v2 status?

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Thu Jun 19 06:48:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> - Does softhsm2 change the API/ABI ?

The library is using the same version of PKCS#11, but have implemented more
functions.

The support tools have been changed, e.g. softhsm -> softhsm2-util

New configuration file: softhsm2.conf

> - Is softhsm2 able to read/convert softhsm1 stores/files ?

softhsm2-migrate

- Is there a migration method for going from softhsm1 to softhsm2 that
>   we can do for known softhsm stores on package update?
>   (eg the stores in /var/softhsm)

Read token/file paths from softhsm.conf, initiate equal numbers of tokens
in SoftHSMv2, migrate old token databases using the command above.