[Opendnssec-user] ods-signerd calling vmstat?!?

Carlos M. Martinez carlos at lacnic.net
Mon Sep 2 19:21:28 UTC 2013

Hello,
> I'm still not convinced these are harmless. But I guess I'm strongly
> biased to only depending on a FIPS certified RNG.
I think we need to think about where OpenDNSSEC will be used the most,
which is our target audience.

FIPS-like requirements are great if you are a TLD, or a large DNS host
with many zones. If you are a small shop signing only a couple of zones,
then it's too much.

It would be great if different target audiences could be defined at run
time, but I don't know if it's doable.

regards

~Carlos