[Opendnssec-user] ods-signerd calling vmstat?!?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Sep 2 19:17:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, Rickard Bellgrim wrote:

> When polling for entropy, the PRNG will start with the first entropy source added and then go
> through the list. The last entropy source, Unix_EntropySource, will include the list of commands as
> mentioned earlier in this email thread. The “ls -alni /tmp” has priority 4 out of 5. This makes it
> one of the last commands in the last entropy source.

Does priority mean it won't get used in normal situations?

What happens when the system is temporarilly low on entropy? Any chance
it can get used then?

What happens when I create thousands of filenames containing many "A"'s?

I'm still not convinced these are harmless. But I guess I'm strongly
biased to only depending on a FIPS certified RNG.

Paul