[Opendnssec-user] ods-signerd calling vmstat?!?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Mon Sep 2 20:28:00 UTC 2013

Hey,

I think anybody using softhsm in production should perhaps be introduced to
<http://www.entropykey.co.uk/>.

Joe

Aue Te Ariki! He toki ki roto taku mahuna!

On 2013-09-02, at 15:21, "Carlos M. Martinez" <carlos at lacnic.net> wrote:

Hello,

I'm still not convinced these are harmless. But I guess I'm strongly

biased to only depending on a FIPS certified RNG.

I think we need to think about where OpenDNSSEC will be used the most,
which is our target audience.

FIPS-like requirements are great if you are a TLD, or a large DNS host
with many zones. If you are a small shop signing only a couple of zones,
then it's too much.

It would be great if different target audiences could be defined at run
time, but I don't know if it's doable.

regards

~Carlos

Paul