[Opendnssec-user] Re: Problem with signer in 1.4.0a2

Fred Zwarts (KVI) F.Zwarts at KVI.nl
Wed Jun 27 11:14:51 UTC 2012

"Patrik Wallström"  wrote in message
news:FF6A0D3A-B05D-4709-8917-70D094A85541 at iis.se...

>On Jun 27, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
>> Yesterday I upgraded our test system from 1.3.8 via 1.4.0a1 to 1.4.0a2
>> (on a
>> Linux SLES11SP2 x86_64 system).
>> Everything seems to run nice. I the log file I see every now and then a
>> [STATS] message that says that some new signatures were generated for the
>> different zones in this configuration.
>> There are, however, a few things that worry me.
>>
>> The command "ods-control signer queue" tells for all zones "I will
>> [configure] zone". It used to say "I will [sign] zone". In the system log
>> see messages like "ods-signerd: [worker[4]] backoff task [configure] for
>> zone". What does that mean?
>

>I've seen this before. It probably mean that you have misconfigured
>something in your zonelist.xml file. Please look over it and see that it
>has been updated correctly for the 1.4 syntax (1.4 uses new configuration
>statements for the zones in to accommodate the new adapter functionality).
>The error statement could be more clear though.

The current definitions in zonelist.xml are all very similar. As an example:

        <Zone name="KVI.nl">
                <Policy>default</Policy>
                <SignerConfiguration>/var/opendnssec/signconf/KVI.nl.xml</SignerConfiguration>
                <Adapters>
                        <Input>
                                <File>/var/opendnssec/unsigned/kvi.zone</File>
                        </Input>
                        <Output>
                                <File>/var/lib/named/master/kvi.zone</File>
                        </Output>
                </Adapters>
        </Zone>

Is there something wrong?