[Opendnssec-user] Re: Problem with signer in 1.4.0a2

Fred Zwarts (KVI) F.Zwarts at KVI.nl
Wed Jun 27 12:44:42 UTC 2012

I think I found the cause and solved the problem. I copied the configuration
from another system, where "rndc reload" was used for the NotifyCommand. The
test system has no bind, so rndc failed.
I now disabled the notify command in config.xml and now the zones go to the
state "I will [sign] zone".

Apparently, the 1.4 version added a check on the result of the
NotifyCommand, which, on failure, inhibited the transition from [configure]
(or [read]) to [sign].