[Opendnssec-user] SoftHSM installation / Token Initialization

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Feb 18 00:00:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, simran singh wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the right list to post this. I have successfully installed softhsm but
> when I try to intialize the token or try to do any softhsm command, I get the following error:
>
> # softhsm --init-token --slot0 --label "My token 1"
> softhsm: error while loading shared libraries: libbotan-1.10.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> I have installed Botan 1.10 correctly but still get the error. I am following instructions that are
> provided in the README for softhsm.

If those libs got installed in /usr/local/lib, your /etc/ld.iso.conf (or
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/) might not be including /usr/local/lib

Lots of distros include botan already, did you try apt-get or yum to
install it? For RHEL/Fedora you need to activate the epel repository
(but then you can also just yum install softhsm)

Paul