[Opendnssec-user] Backup/restore information

Fred Zwarts (KVI) F.Zwarts at KVI.nl
Mon Apr 2 11:56:49 UTC 2012

> Here is what I do:

> ods-ksmutil backup prepare
> sqlite3 /var/lib/softhsm/slot0.db .dump | gzip | mygpg > $shsmfile
> mysqldump -u opendnssec opendnssec | gzip | mygpg > $kaspfile
> invoke-system-backup
> ods-ksmutil backup commit

I assume that $shsmfile and $kaspfile are stored on a safe place and contain
all the information needed to restore the SoftHSM and OpenDNSsec state. They
are probably included in your system backup.

I am not familiar with mysql or sqlite. What are the commands needed to
restore the state from these two safe files?
Have you verified that it is sufficient to restore your zones and keys from
these two files (and the unsigned zone files, of course)?