[Opendnssec-user] Backup/restore information

Casper Gielen c.gielen at uvt.nl
Mon Apr 2 11:44:48 UTC 2012

Op 02-04-12 12:01, Fred Zwarts (KVI) schreef:
> For OpenDNSsec and SoftHSM we want a similar procedure, but it is not
> clear to us what we need to save and restore in addition to our current
> backup. Of course we will backup the configuration files of OpenDNSsec
> and SoftHSM. But in addition, we need to save in some way the current
> key pairs and the state of OpenDNSsec.
> Is there documentation about what should be backed up and how it should
> be done? And how OpenDNSsec and SoftHSM are restored from such a backup
> so that it can resume to a known state, without losing the integrity of
> the zone?

Here is what I do:

ods-ksmutil backup prepare
sqlite3 /var/lib/softhsm/slot0.db .dump | gzip | mygpg > $shsmfile
mysqldump -u opendnssec opendnssec | gzip | mygpg > $kaspfile
invoke-system-backup
ods-ksmutil backup commit

--
Casper Gielen <cgielen at uvt.nl> | LIS UNIX
PGP fingerprint = 16BD 2C9F 8156 C242 F981  63B8 2214 083C F80E 4AF7

Universiteit van Tilburg | Postbus 90153, 5000 LE
Warandelaan 2 | Telefoon 013 466 4100 | G 236 | http://www.uvt.nl