[Opendnssec-user] SoftHSM v2

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Mon Oct 17 06:42:10 UTC 2011

Hi Maarten

> Is there any time schedule available for SoftHSM v2? Is there any
> (unfinished) design to look at? What are the conditions for me (or the
> company I work for, Morpho bv) to cooperate?

The requirements and design can be found here:
http://trac.opendnssec.org/wiki/SoftHSM/Requirements
http://trac.opendnssec.org/wiki/SoftHSM/Design

Most of the sub-components are ready. The current work is to fully
integrate the PKCS#11 interface. More specifically, to generate
objects and store them securely (encrypted) in the backend.

It is me and Roland van Rijswijk who has been developing SoftHSM v2.
Both of us are a little bit too busy with other projects. We are open
for assistance from others, which can we can discuss off-list.

The things that are left to do is to implement support for generating
and storing keys (objects) in the object store. Use the objects for
encryption, decryption, signing, and verification. And in your case,
implement support for ECC.