[Opendnssec-user] signed crash (1.3.4)

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Wed Dec 21 10:04:44 UTC 2011

> I'm trying to narrow things down, but I'd need some information: I
> recently upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.3.4 (i.e. about a week ago on the
> backup, and yesterday on the main signer). It looks as if most temp
> files in var/opendnssec/tmp are no longer in use. Could you please
> confirm that, and let me know in two words what is left, and what is the
> purpose (or where I could read it up)?

The following files are handled in the tmp-directory for the 1.3.4:

* <name>.inbound - the unsigned zone
* <name>.backup - backup of the signed zone
* <name>.finalized - the signed zone for auditing. Moved to
signed-directory once the audit is done.
* <name>.state - This file is only read the first time you are using
1.3. The state information is now stored in the backup file.