[Opendnssec-user] Error returned from ds-seen command

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Tue Aug 30 09:26:35 UTC 2011

Hello Sion,

> >Aug 29 23:29:06 adleman ods-ksmutil: Key b42bd6fdf74f35d6de657aaa9e941282
> >made active
> >Aug 29 23:30:31 adleman ods-ksmutil: Key ebc75c93e13d28f3f55570bfb9471c73
> >made active
>
> I'm confused by the wrapper script output... It seems that two different
> keys are being made active? Or is this the output of two runs of the script?

Not sure why these are mentioned in this order, they confused me too.
It is probably orthogonal to what I am reporting: The keys belong to
different zones, both of which I had independently sent a ds-seen command,
so I think something caused a deferred log entry or invocation related to
key ebc75...c73

> What return code do you see if you run without your wrapper script?

The script-reported code is 255*256, and is what is returned by Python's
os.system or the C call system().  The return code from ods-ksmutil
(confirmed with an independent call through the $? variable) is 255.

> Can you send me a copy of the script, off-list is fine, so I can see
> what is going on?

Will do.

Cheers,
 -Rick