[Opendnssec-user] hsm_get_slot_id(): could not find token with thename OpenDNSSEC

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Fri Mar 12 11:29:11 UTC 2010

> Earlier "softhsm --init-token --slot 0 --label "OpenDNSSEC" " fixed the
> response you got for me. Did you use the same Token label at
> initialization as in your /etc/conf.xml repository? (
> <TokenLabel>OpenDNSSEC</TokenLabel> )

Yes, because it is up to the user to provide an HSM that has been initialized. It is possible to do this using PKCS#11, but some vendors have their own way of initializing their HSM. That is why it is up to the user to provide an initialized HSM to OpenDNSSEC.

You can choose whatever label you want (max 32 char.), as long as it is the same string you put in the conf.xml. You can also have multiple tokens, but the you have to use two different token labels.

I should probably add more info to that log message. "The token is probably not initialized or using too old DB schema version".