[Opendnssec-user] Unexpected DS state transition UNSUBMITTED to SUBMITTED (v 2.1.5)

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Mon Jun 28 08:10:47 UTC 2021

> Based on what I read at the Key States Explained page of the
> wiki, I expected to see an intermediate SUBMIT state where I
> would then tell the enforcer that it has been submitted (but
> not yet seen).

I think I've muttered here before that the required operator
interactions with OpenDNSSEC are poorly documented.

In my experience with OpenDNSSEC 2.x, there are only two required
"nudges" you as an operator need to ensure that OpenDNSSEC is
given to get it to move along with key state transitions, and
those are "ds-seen" and "ds-gone".

Regards,

- Håvard