[Opendnssec-user] Error converting from 1.4.14 to 2.1.8

Berry van Halderen berry at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Apr 13 13:05:27 UTC 2021

On 2021-04-12 15:22, Berry van Halderen wrote:

>>> We're one of them.  ~80 domains under FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE:
>>>
>>> opendnssec2-2.1.7
>>> softhsm2-2.6.1_2
>>> sqlite3-3.34.1,1
>>>
>>> WorkerThreads is set to 4 (which is a default value IINM).
>
>> Hmm, OK, thanks for that.
>>
>> Just to be super clear: does your softhsm2.conf file say
>> "objectstore.backend = db"?
>
> SoftHSMv2 is used a lot in combination with OpenDNSSEC, and is my
> default testing platform.  However I'm mostly using a "file" based
> objectstore backend.  I'll start performing a test using db backend
> using this.

Follow up, indeed using the db back-end exposes as issue in certain
situations.  I think this might actually be seen not just with SoftHSM
but might lead to transient, non-fatal skips with particular HSM
setups.  Interesting.  I'm not sure if the mistake is actually in
OpenDNSSEC or with SoftHSM, but I'll probably fix it first in
OpenDNSSEC.  Although I haven't tracked down the complete issue yet,
this looks good.

\Berry