[Opendnssec-user] Status of OpenDNSSEC

Berry A.W. van Halderen berry at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Sep 25 11:52:10 UTC 2018

On 9/25/18 1:39 PM, Gavin Brown wrote:
> There hasn't been an update to OpenDNSSEC since 2.1.3 in August last
> year (now over a year ago). There have been two updates to SoftHSM in
> that time. The last commit to the public GitHub repository was in April
> - five months ago.
>
> What is the status of the main OpenDNSSEC project? is there a release
> plan or a development roadmap?

Dear Gavin,

Lately we have had only a few bugs on the existing versions.  Apart from
one issue, they we'ren't too urgent to push out updates.

Meanwhile were doing a major feature; fast updates.
Allowing changes (by IXFR, DNS updates or webservice) to pass through
the signer within at most minutes.  This is proving to be a big change
and we also had a member leaving making it all the more work.  But with
active development in place.

With kind regards,
\Berry