[Opendnssec-user] Issues after adding new zone

Abdulkareem H. Ali kareem.ali at centralnic.com
Thu Sep 20 09:08:27 UTC 2018

Hi Emil,

>I can see that KSK and ZSK have been generated for the new zone when I
run ods-ksmutil key list -v,

This suggest that the ods-enforcerd have generated the required keys as
inteded, which is good.

>but when I try to run ods-signer sign example.domain.com I get an error
message:

>Unable to connect to engine: connect() failed: No such file or directory

This indicates that ods-signerd isn't running or something blocking it.
Are other signing operations running as intended?

AFAIK, one thing the ods-enforcerd issues after it generates new keys
for a zone is 'ods-signer update ZONE'. This will update the signconf
file for the zone with new keys details, do you see that file correctly
or not?

It usually sits in /var/opendnssec/signconf/ZONE.conf

Also I'm sure you tried restarting ods-signerd at least once, right ?

Kareem.

On 19/09/2018 15:41, Emil Landström wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I’m running into an issue after having added a new zone with the command:
>

> ods-ksmutil zone add -z example.domain.com -p policyname -i
> /zone/file/directory/unsigned/db.example.domain.com -o
> /zone/file/directory/signed/db.example.domain.com
>

> I can see that KSK and ZSK have been generated for the new zone when I
> run ods-ksmutil key list -v, but when I try to run ods-signer sign
> example.domain.com I get an error message:
>

> Unable to connect to engine: connect() failed: No such file or directory
>

> After adding the new zone I also get this same error message while
> trying to sign an old existing zone. Before I added the new zone I was
> able to sign the old one without errors but now it doesn’t work
> anymore. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?
>

> //Emil Landström

Abdulkareem H. Ali
Operations Team Leader
CentralNic Group PLC
London Stock Exchange Symbol: CNIC

+44 20 3388 0600
www.CentralNic.com

CentralNic Group PLC is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 8576358. Registered Offices: 35-39 Moorgate, London, EC2R
6AR.