[Opendnssec-user] Signer crash after restart.

Berry A.W. van Halderen berry at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue May 2 09:30:03 UTC 2017

On 05/02/2017 11:08 AM, David Peall wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got the following message after starting up signer after a reboot:
> ods-signerd: daemon/engine.c:894: engine_recover: assertion zone->zl_status == ZONE_ZL_ADDED failed

Judging from the reported line you are running some older 2.0.x
version.  Please upgrade to the latest 2.1.1 release, which requires
no database migration from older 2.0 releases so should be painless.

It is hard to speculate which issue you are facing without knowing
the issue you are facing.  You could go for a full-resign, which
isn't really good practice....
- Increment ALL SOA serials on your input zone files to be higher
  then the serials currently in the signed zones.
- remove all files from .../opendnssec/tmp/ or .../opendnssec/signer/
  depending on which configuration you are using.
- start the signer and wait for all zones to get re-signed fully.

\Berry