[Opendnssec-user] KSK Retirement log messages from ods-enforcerd

Marc Richter marc.richter at de.verizon.com
Thu Jan 26 12:58:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

for a test zone we have not done a KSK rollover for some time:

Keys:
Zone:                           Keytype:      State:    Date of next
transition:
uutest.com                      KSK           dssub     waiting for ds-seen
uutest.com                      KSK           active    2016-07-25 10:23:48
uutest.com                      KSK           ready     waiting for ds-seen
uutest.com                      ZSK           retire    2017-01-28 22:32:54
uutest.com                      ZSK           active    2017-02-05 19:32:54
uutest.com                      ZSK           ready     next rollover

Now, when ods-enforcerd runs it logs the following:

Jan 26 12:18:49 ods-enforcerd: Rollover of KSK expected at 2016-07-25
10:23:48 for uutest.com

Which seems kind of strange to me, as that rollover date is well in the
past.

According to

	https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/DOCS/Troubleshooting

the above log message means:

	This is not an error, but a notification of an upcoming
	(scheduled) rollover.

As it is not an upcoming, but a missed rollover (as the "Date of next
transition" has long passed), shouldn't it log the

	ods-enforcerd: WARNING: KSK Retirement reached

message instead ??

Regards
Marc

--