[Opendnssec-user] To MySQL or not?

Roman Serbski mefystofel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:47:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

OpenDNSSEC 1.4.x with SQLite under FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE serving ~50
domains (potentially +30 this year). There are no more than 5 entries
per domain with the default ZSK/KSK roll-over (90 days/1 year).

We're planning to migrate to 2.1.0, and to introduce hardware HSM with
ZSKs still stored under SoftHSM and KSKs to be handled by the hardware
HSM (SafeNet).

Although there are no issues with the performance/locking whatsoever,
I was wondering at which stage would you recommend to look into MySQL
direction? Is this linked to the number of domains or how busy they
are?

And the second question: anyone here using MySQL with ndbcluster
engine? Any hints/performance observations?

Thank you.