[Opendnssec-user] mysql migrate duplicate entry

Berry A.W. van Halderen berry at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Feb 28 14:33:29 UTC 2017

On 02/28/2017 02:48 PM, Emil Natan wrote:
> Testing migration from 1.4.13 to 2.0.4, convert_mysql fails with:
>
> Creating database TEST1 (as user kaspuser)
> Creating tables in TEST1 (as user kaspuser)
> Converting database
> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 474: Duplicate entry '81' for key 'PRIMARY'
>
> other than that no problems with the DB running 1.4.13.
>
> I can provide the DB offlist if needed.
> Thank you in advance.

Thanks for bringing this, yes please provide the original database
state if possible as a full dump (mysql --opt) as I'd also like to look
at the current schema.

Although this isn't causing the problem as far as I can tell now, please
also use version 2.1.0 for upgrading.  It contains important
improvements as 2.0.4 is the last release of that branch and support
is provided on the 2.1 branch.

The error you get is puzzling, as it concerns just the transfer of one
unique/primary key to another which shouldn't lead to duplicate entries.

With kind regards,
Berry van Halderen