[Opendnssec-user] Configure IP used for outgoing notify messages

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Feb 1 15:44:07 UTC 2017

Hi Marc,

> we have the ODS signer configured with multiple listener IPs.
>
> Now, when sending out the notify messages to the external auth server,
> once a zone has been (re)signed, we want those notifies to be sent
> out using a specific IP.
>
> According to
>
>     https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/DOCS/addns.xml
>
> there doesn't seem to be any configuration option for that in
>
>     <Adapter><DNS><Outbound><Notify>
>
> Is that correct ?
> Is there any other way how this could be configured ?

Indeed. There is no configuration option for it, so interface selection
is left to the OS. But that will not always make the decision you want
if the address is routable via multiple interfaces.

In the upcoming 2.1 release outgoing notifies will bind to the first
interface mentioned in the outbound list:
https://github.com/opendnssec/opendnssec/commit/028e769e5784d1916da955fa73d7140823aa154f
That will cover your use case I think.

//Yuri