[Opendnssec-user] End-of-life OpenDNSSEC 1.3 on 2017-07-11

Wytze van der Raay wytze at deboca.net
Fri Jul 15 09:47:25 UTC 2016

On 07/14/2016 09:56 AM, Berry A.W. van Halderen wrote:
> In order to provide the most tested and predictable migration, it is
> advisable to perform the migration steps from 1.3 to 1.4 first, and then
> perform the migration to 2.0.  If we make separate migration scripts for
> each of the alternatives, this will not only involve more work for us,
> but more important for the users, make the migration actually less
> tested.

That makes sense.

> You can however do the migration pretty simple, as you can just grap
> the latest 1.4 release (1.4.10).  The instructions in the migration
> can just migrate you to the latest 1.4, by starting at the instructions
> from 1.3 to 1.4/trunk (see the included MIGRATION file in the
> distribution).  You do not need to start OpenDNSSEC in any of the in
> between steps.  And without actually starting you can then grab
> the 2.0 release and migrate to it.  This ought to work.  The 2.0
> has a completely revised database schema.
>
> It is actually only a few steps still, a direct migration from 1.3 to
> 2.0 would not be that much shorter.

It seems pretty easy, so I started on this.

Executing the instructions for upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4/trunk went fine.
You did not mention this, but I've assumed that the steps for migrating
from 1.4.X to 1.4.8 should also be performed, so I did that next. Again
no problem.

However, then the 2.0 migration instructions point me to
enforcer/utils/1.4-2.0_db_convert/README.md. This instructs me
to execute the convert_sqlite script. The script starts off with
a reference SCHEMA=../../src/db/schema.sqlite, but that schema.sqlite
file does not exist anywhere in the src distro.
Should it? Or should it be generated somehow?

In any case, here I am stuck ... please advise.

Regards,
Wytze van der Raay