[Opendnssec-user] ods2 AXFR request to nameserver fails , reports "bad packet: ... received error code NOTAUTH", but no traffic (tcpdump) seen ?

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Dec 26 21:47:17 UTC 2016

> Today's latest for me, https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/SUPPORT-206
> , also suggest maybe some code issues.
>
> I'm poking at it now, with tools from the outside, and trial-n-error.

I'm not in the position to dive in to the code right now. But I might
have a hunch which might help you debug. It sounds like from what I
gather from your reports ODS has trouble selecting the right outgoing
interface (That's why it doesn't show up dumping lo, and that's why
sendto says invalid arguments).

Please take a look at the Signer/listener section in conf.xml and check
which interfaces you have configured. There has been some 'gotchas' in
the past in having multiple interfaces where the OS would select the
wrong outgoing interface if more than 1 had a route to the destination.
Resulting in the wrong source address on the outgoing packet. Maybe one
of our fixes has bitten you?

//Yuri