[Opendnssec-user] ods2 AXFR request to nameserver fails , reports "bad packet: ... received error code NOTAUTH", but no traffic (tcpdump) seen ?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 20:59:13 UTC 2016

On 12/26/2016 12:32 PM, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> Then I'm out of good and obvious suggestions, I'm afraid.
> Unless, of course, 127.0.0.1 is what's really listed in the
> config file, of course :)  But I guess that's a silly suggestion,
> but sometimes the silly even applies.

More often than not! :-)

In any case, I'm finding all sorts of little gotchas as I exercise
different pieces of this.

ODS clearly works for others -- although I'm not entirely certain that
I've seen a working config with my specific version-stack yet -- so I
suspect that there some issues in my config.

That said, there's also some challenges getting detailed-enough logging
info out of ODS2 itself to troubleshoot.  Docs for ODS2 don't seem as if
they've caught up to the release, yet, either.

Today's latest for me, https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/SUPPORT-206
, also suggest maybe some code issues.

I'm poking at it now, with tools from the outside, and trial-n-error.

I'll see how far I get reassembling the pieces ;-)