[Opendnssec-user] dendency wrong in ubuntu packages

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Wed Dec 14 09:57:42 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016, at 17:28, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2016, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>
> > E.g. instead of failing to start when MySQL is not available, it should
> > refuse to run the first operation in the queue until it is connected,
> > etc.
>
> +1
>
> Also, runtime linking support for mysql versus sql would be a great
> improvement so packages don't need to make multiple packets (like
> Ondřej did) or pick one (sqlite, like I did)

In this case, I would be even happy if the enforcer was linked to both
libraries at the same time, and the choice of database backend would be
configurable. OpenDNSSEC is heavyweight daemon, so it's not expected to
run in constrained environment, thus pulling one extra database library
(either libmariadb or libsqlite3) poses no problem.

Adding pluggable database libraries would be nice, but I don't think the
usefulness in this case outweights the additional complexity.

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server