[Opendnssec-user] Playing with 2.0.1

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Aug 30 16:05:38 UTC 2016

On 30/08/2016 17:20, Yuri Schaeffer wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> And in the creation of NSEC3 records, the "next link of the chain"
>> (which is currently in upper case) means the "chained-to" record will
>> also be in Upper Case???
>
> I'm unsure what you mean. In what case are the hashes published in
> uppercase by ODS?

NSEC3 records chain from one to the next. In the NSEC3 record, the 9th
field is the name of the next link. Its always in upper case (ODS & BIND).

In ODS, the "Chained to" record is currently in lower case. I think it
should be in upper case. In BIND - the "chained to" record is in upper
case - ie "preserving" the Case.

If one is writing checking tools that work for both BIND and ODS, then
this would be a difference to code around because of the way that the
two signers work.

I'm not saying BIND is better but they are regarded as "standard".

Its a small change but would provide conformance and that is what I am
looking for.