[Opendnssec-user] OpenDNSSEC v2 status?

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 14:14:28 UTC 2015

On 18.9.2015 15:57, Berry A.W. van Halderen wrote:
> On 09/18/2015 03:49 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
>> could anyone comment on status of OpenDNSSEC v2? Is it still alive? Or abandoned?
>
> Alive.  Very much so, but still yet unreleased, but that should be
> upcoming.  NLnetLabs has adopted the OpenDNSSEC and is pushing for
> the next version.
>
>> I'm not able to find related commits in develop branch on Github. Maybe I'm
>> not looking in the right direction...
>
> I'm not sure which location you are looking for on the commits, but
> https://github.com/opendnssec/opendnssec/commits/develop
> shows commits almost every other day.

Ah, okay, I thought that develop branch was used for v1.x and that v2
development was happening somewhere else. I recall that there was some branch
which had re-written database layer to enable others to write LDAP & other
database backends for OpenDNSSEC. Was it merged?

(I think it was in dbx branch on github.com/jelu/opendnssec.git .)

>> Pages like
>> https://www.opendnssec.org/about/release-plan/
>> https://www.opendnssec.org/about/contribution/
>>
>> list bunch of interesting features (namely API for easier integration into
>> other systems [or even better a pluggable DB backend!], key roll over, ECDSA)
>> and I would like to know how far the implementation is and what I can do to
>> help with that.
>
> Most of these pages need a thorough update, but we are pushing for a
> next release rather than doing much of the administration for it.
>
> We hope to give the world a better update on the feature set of the next
> version soon.  But I wanted to respond to your message as quickly as
> possible to show NLnetLabs commitment to OpenDNSSEC.

Thank you very much!

--
Petr Spacek  @  Red Hat