[Opendnssec-user] OpenDNSSEC v2 status?

Berry A.W. van Halderen berry at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Sep 18 13:57:00 UTC 2015

On 09/18/2015 03:49 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> could anyone comment on status of OpenDNSSEC v2? Is it still alive? Or abandoned?

Alive.  Very much so, but still yet unreleased, but that should be
upcoming.  NLnetLabs has adopted the OpenDNSSEC and is pushing for
the next version.

> I'm not able to find related commits in develop branch on Github. Maybe I'm
> not looking in the right direction...

I'm not sure which location you are looking for on the commits, but
https://github.com/opendnssec/opendnssec/commits/develop
shows commits almost every other day.

> Pages like
> https://www.opendnssec.org/about/release-plan/
> https://www.opendnssec.org/about/contribution/
>
> list bunch of interesting features (namely API for easier integration into
> other systems [or even better a pluggable DB backend!], key roll over, ECDSA)
> and I would like to know how far the implementation is and what I can do to
> help with that.

Most of these pages need a thorough update, but we are pushing for a
next release rather than doing much of the administration for it.

We hope to give the world a better update on the feature set of the next
version soon.  But I wanted to respond to your message as quickly as
possible to show NLnetLabs commitment to OpenDNSSEC.

With kind regards,
Berry van Halderen
OpenDNSSEC team at NLnetLabs.