[Opendnssec-user] Compiling SoftHSM 2.0.0b2 for Windows

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Wed Mar 25 19:17:13 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Kil Tuy <kiltuy1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to compile SoftHSM 2.0.0b2
> <https://www.opendnssec.org/2014/12/29/softhsm-2-0-0b2/> for Windows. I
> managed to get it work but I had an issue. BotanAES.cpp file contains a
> call to functions  Botan::rfc5649_keywrap and Botan::rfc5649_keywrap. I am
> using Botan 1.10.9 and I couldn't find definition of this function. How can
> I resolve this issue?

Botan does not support RFC5649, but there is a patch:
https://github.com/opendnssec/SoftHSMv2/blob/develop/aes_wrap_key_with_pad/README

If the configure script cannot find this support, then
HAVE_AES_KEY_WRAP_PAD should not be set.

Could you check the output from the configure script when running with
enable-verbose? It should say "can't compile Botan AES key wrap with pad"