[Opendnssec-user] reset datecounter

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at pletterpet.nl
Mon Mar 16 08:41:45 UTC 2015

Hi Emil,

There is no intuitive way to do this in OpenDNSSEC, but if I ran into
this situation I would:

1. Stop the signer: $ ods-signer stop

2. Set the SOA serial in the unsigned zone to match todays date.

Not strictly necessary, but if your unsigned SOA serial is off by too
much difference, possibly the datecounter serial cannot be applied per
RFC 1982 logic.

3. Remove all /var/opendnssec/tmp files that correspond to the zone, to
clear the zone's state.

4. Start the signer again.

Best regards,
  Matthijs