[Opendnssec-user] reset datecounter

Emil Natan shlyoko at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 11:36:13 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a policy with a single zone and I'm using datecounter to set the SOA
serial. Using datecounter the serial has the following format - YYYYMMDDNN
and the last two digits represent a running number which is increased on
each zone resign. I had to debug a problem and ran a loop of few hundreds
resigns and as a result the DD part of the serial went few forward and now
one of the checks which compares the serial with the current date breaks.
The slaves never saw these zones so there won't be a problem with the zone
transfer once I can reset the serial to something that comply with today's
date. I tried to remove the temp/.backup file under /var/opendnssec/tmp
which holds information from the last signing, but it did not help. I
searched the database (mysql), but found nothing related.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Emil