[Opendnssec-user] Timezones in OpenDNSSEC

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:22:46 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm a bit confused as to which timezone OpenDNSSEC actually 'operates'
in. I would have assumed UTC would be used all over the show, but it
doesn't seem to be. For example, this morning I saw ods-ksmutil print

         publish   2015-02-23 10:24:20 (ready)

At 10:40 CET, I ran `ods-ksmutil notify' after which I immediatly saw

        ready     waiting for ds-seen (active)

even though I expected that to happen at 10:24 UTC. Just to be sure,
I've grepped (that is a verb, isn't it?) the source for `locatime' and
have found a number of hits.

Is there a best practice to ensure OpenDNSSEC shows/uses UTC
consistently, other than setting $TZ to UTC?

Regards,

        -JP