[Opendnssec-user] ods-signerd error parsing RR's data

Paul Duffy pduffy at iedr.ie
Thu Aug 6 11:54:07 UTC 2015

Matthijs,

Thanks for the note, when I run it through ldns-read-zone, it prints following:

# ldns-read-zone ie.zone.2015080509
Syntax error, could not parse the RR's rdata at 505631

# ldns-read-zone -v
read zone version 1.6.17 (ldns version 1.6.17)

I’ve had a look at the line via vim (showing unprintable characters) there’s nothing visually distinctive about it compare to other DS records so I’m at loss to explain what’s going on.

Now the above is on RHEL 6.7, as a matter of interest I decided to give it a shot on RHEL7 text box I have. The error is somewhat different, though still equally terse:

# ldns-verify-zone ie.zone.2015080509
General memory error at 505631

# ldns-verify-zone -v
verify-zone version 1.6.16 (ldns version 1.6.16)

Regards
-Paul
--
Paul Duffy
Network Operations

Registered Office: Fourth Floor, Block 2, Harbour Square,
Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin. Registered in Ireland. No: 315315
The enclosed document is CONFIDENTIAL to addressee and
IE Domain Registry Ltd. The intended addressee is NOT
AUTHORISED to copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use
the information disclosed. Please also note that this
information should not be edited or redistributed in any way.