[Opendnssec-user] About High Availablity for OpenDNSSEC

gaolei gaolei at knet.cn
Tue Sep 16 08:28:09 UTC 2014

Hi, all
On the HA of opendnssec , I committed a test like this:
1. Enforcer and Signer were running on serverA to serve as master opendnssec
2. Another Singer was running on serverB to serve as slave opendnssec
3. Outbind BIND serverC took serverA and B both as master BIND.

                                 INBIND
       /       \
     /           \
serverA                  serverB
opendnssec master         opendnssec slave
                            OUTBIND
serverC

I found when i shutdown server A, dns update cannot transfer from serverB to outbind serverC.
Since serverA serial was greater than serverB , serverC can get dns update data from serverA but cannot get update from serverB.
How to deal with this serial problem , can anyone give some advice?

2014-09-16 16:10:44
gaolei