[Opendnssec-user] high availability

Emil Natan shlyoko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 13:13:16 UTC 2014

Hello,

My goal is to replicate the ODS configuration between two nodes, one is
active with ODS running and one passive where ODS is not running.

https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/DOCS/High+availability

... states under the "What to copy" section:

"The state data - the minimum data required are the signconf files (default
location is the  /var/opendnssec/signconf directory)"

I see the files under signconf actually contain configuration copied from
kasp.conf and information about the keys which is stored in the database
(in my case MySQL). If missing these files, they are automatically created
when the enforcer starts. My point is I do not see a reason to copy these
files from one machine to another if they are created when the enforcer
starts. Can I really omit this step or I'm missing something?
Thanks.

Emil