[Opendnssec-user] Follow up on ods-enforcerd segfault

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Wed May 28 18:05:23 UTC 2014

Hi Mark and David,

On ons, 2014-05-28 at 14:40 +0200, David Peall wrote:
>   kernel: [688550.164139] ods-enforcerd[15772]: segfault at 0 ip
> 00007ffb985ceb14 sp 00007fff31d272e0 error 4 in
> libcknfast.so[7ffb98525000+1ee000]

All your reports indicates that the segfault happens in the
libcknfast.so and since there has been almost no change to the code that
talks to the HSM, we got no other reports and are not seeing this in our
test environment it looks more like a problem with Thales then with
OpenDNSSEC, hopefully your already talking with them about this.

It would be very good if you can compile OpenDNSSEC with debug symbols
and then get a detailed backtrace (gdb bt full) from the core dump. This
will help us narrow down where things went wrong.

You could also try running your setup with SoftHSM to just verify that
the platform, OS and setup works.

Cheers,
Jerry

--