[Opendnssec-user] Questions regarding OpenBSD port

Patrik Lundin patrik.lundin.swe at gmail.com
Sat May 17 13:14:24 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 01:25:37PM +0200, Jerry Lundström wrote:

> Nice work! Does this mean we might be able to have an official package
> in OpenBSD and that you will be the maintainer?

That is my intention at least :).

> > The most noisy warning (as is mentioned in the above thread) is the
> > following message:
> > /usr/local/include/ldns/error.h:130: warning: comma at end of enumerator list
>
> You got any build output you could send to me off list?

Sure, I will send it separately.

> > It is thrown many times throughout the build and seems to be the result
> > of those portions of code not being built with -std=c99. I notice that
> > the flag is used in some parts of the build but not in others which
> > makes me wonder what the correct fix would be.
>
> Maybe we need something special for OpenBSD since we are not seeing this
> in any of the platforms we test for. If you happen to come across a fix
> then your are more then welcome to make a pull request on GitHub.

I notice that config.log has this to say:

configure:13273: checking whether cc supports -std=c99
configure:13291: result: yes
configure:13304: checking whether cc supports -xc99
configure:13327: result: no
configure:13335: checking whether we need -std=c99 as a flag for cc
configure:13365: result: no

On one hand this would make me assume that -std=c99 would not be used at
all, but it still is in some places. Maby the configure script test
should include such an enumerator list?

> > Looking at a plain ./configure && make on Ubuntu 14.04 no such messages
> > are produced, but I did spot some "warning: ISO C90 does not support
> > ‘long long’" warnings which I believe is caused by the same missing
> > flag.
>
> Yeah that message has been with us for a while, we try to be C90
> compliant in order to make porting easier but in that case we need a
> long long.

I was thinking since this use of long long is necessary, the flag might
be good to add for other platforms as well if they support it.

Regards,
Patrik Lundin