[Opendnssec-user] Questions regarding OpenBSD port

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Sat May 17 11:25:37 UTC 2014

Hi Patrik,

On lör, 2014-05-17 at 11:44 +0200, Patrik Lundin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking into porting OpenDNSSEC and SoftHSM to OpenBSD.  The
> progress is currently available here:
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=139949634120613&w=2

Nice work! Does this mean we might be able to have an official package
in OpenBSD and that you will be the maintainer?

> Currently both ports build and seems to work fine, but there are a bunch
> of warnings thrown during compilation that I am not sure how to sort
> out properly.
>
> The most noisy warning (as is mentioned in the above thread) is the
> following message:
> /usr/local/include/ldns/error.h:130: warning: comma at end of enumerator list

You got any build output you could send to me off list?

> It is thrown many times throughout the build and seems to be the result
> of those portions of code not being built with -std=c99. I notice that
> the flag is used in some parts of the build but not in others which
> makes me wonder what the correct fix would be.

Maybe we need something special for OpenBSD since we are not seeing this
in any of the platforms we test for. If you happen to come across a fix
then your are more then welcome to make a pull request on GitHub.

> Looking at a plain ./configure && make on Ubuntu 14.04 no such messages
> are produced, but I did spot some "warning: ISO C90 does not support
> ‘long long’" warnings which I believe is caused by the same missing
> flag.

Yeah that message has been with us for a while, we try to be C90
compliant in order to make porting easier but in that case we need a
long long.

Cheers
Jerry

--